If you or someone you know has a drug problem, you should try to find medical treatment. You can call this toll–free number at any time for drug and counseling treatment near you: 1-800-662-HELP (4357). Or you can visit SAHMSA's Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator. There's also a State Agencies webpage (findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator/stateagencies) that helps you find state agencies that might have special programs for you or a loved one.

Support groups can also help keep you strong while you're in treatment:

For other support groups: Self-Help. Peer Support, and Consumer Groups - Self-Help Groups (Addiction) (from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—SAHMSA)

Family members and friends of people with drug problems can find comfort in talking with other families in similar situations. Those support groups: Al-Anon and Alateen

For information and help to quit smoking:
In your state: smokefree.gov 1-800-QUITNOW (1-800-784-8669)
From anywhere: National Cancer Institute 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848)

For help if you or a loved one feels sad, hopeless, or suicidal:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)