Marijuana is a mix of dried, shredded leaves and flowers from the marijuana plant. It is often green, brown, or gray.
There are many ways to use marijuana. People can:
- roll marijuana up and smoke it like a cigarette (called a joint) or a cigar (called a blunt)
- smoke marijuana in a pipe
- mix it in food and eat it or brew it as a tea
- smoke oils from the marijuana plant (this is called “dabbing”)
- use electronic vaporizers (“vape pens”) to “vape”
- marijuana oil
Dabbing and vaping are on the rise.
Marijuana can make you feel silly, relaxed, sleepy, and happy—or nervous and scared. It may change your senses of sight, hearing, and touch. Marijuana can make it hard to think clearly. In rare cases, some people start seeing things that are not real, called hallucinations.
Some slang names for marijuana are:
NEXT: Signs of Marijuana Use